So I rolled out this recipe and some oats, nicknamed the berries Razzle-Dazzle because anything beats rasp and added one cup of brown sugar instead of a half. The end result were these tangy and tasty Berry Bars.
1 Cup whole wheat flour
1 Cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1/2 Tsp. ground nutmeg
Dash of salt
1/2 Cup of coconut oil melted
2 Large egg whites
2 Cups freshly picked raspberries
- Preheat over to 350'F. Line a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Stir together all the dry ingredients and then add coconut oil and egg whites until a moist dough forms.
- Keep 3/4 cup of the dough aside. Press the remaining dough along the pan bottom until evenly spread.
- Mash raspberries in separate bowl and spread over the dough in the pan.
- Crumble remaining dough over the top of the raspberry layer and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting.
Recipe courtesy of AllRecipes.com