Monday, 25 March 2013

Easy as (apple) Pie!

A cook book this well used must bring some Joy!

Here's a delicious and quick apple pie recipe.

The reason it only takes fifteen minutes to prepare and thirty to bake is because the shells are the ones you can pick up from the supermarket. Pre-made, already in a tin, waiting to be filled.

Of course, making things completely from scratch is always admirable, but this particular Sunday it was sunny outside and I wasn't about to be caught in the kitchen for too long--but I wanted to make my pie and eat it too.

When dealing with the pie shells simply follow the back-of-box instructions.
 
 
Easy as Pie Filling Instructions:
 

Preheat oven to 450'F

5-6 Cups of peeled, cored and sliced apples
2/3 Cup of brown sugar
1 to 1 1/2  Tablespoons of cornstarch
1/4 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 Teaspoon vanilla

Add ingredients together in a bowl and mix with until well coated. Scoop into pie shell, moisten edges and invert second shell on top. Score edges with a fork to adhere the shells. Bake at 450'F for ten minutes then reduce to 350'F for 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown.

Serve with vanilla ice cream!

So not only did I have a slice of my apple pie, but I went for a bike ride, had a nap, read a book and watched a movie. If you ask me, that's a full course!